A birthday is an anniversary of someone’s birth and every year when the same date comes, his family members organize an event for the birthday person which is called birthday party. No matter if it’s a baby, teenager or an old person, birthday is a very happy event for everyone and people like to celebrate and share the happy moments with their friends too. Families everywhere in the world, like to invite people to their home for a birthday event either it’s a child or an adult. People also use this occasion to meet old friends and family members that they haven’t seen in years. They come to the birthday party, bring a gift for the birthday person, sit together, eat birthday cake and catch up with their old buddies. It’s not always possible for a family to stick together even when the kids are all grown up because now they have to move out and live on their own. Either they found a job in the same city or they go any other place in search of work and in that way they stay far away from their family and parents and birthday parties for those, are like the only occasion to go back and have fun for a while. As you are invited to a birthday party, you are also supposed to bring a gift for the birthday person too. But the problem is that the hosts will receive hundreds of gifts and it won’t be possible for them to remember who gave what. So to distinguish you gift among others, you have to hang a tag along the gift.
Here is preview of this Free Sample Birthday Gift Tag Template created using MS Word,
A tag is a small piece of common or hard paper which is smaller than a common card and it contains the name of receiver and sender. Although the key purpose of a tag is to display the names only but people also put a quote too. This way it tells that you really thought about the birthday person and dedicated time to arrange for a gift and tag. There are many websites that offer their visitors to design a tag free of cost which they can also download in their computers to print later. There you can choose from an enormous list of themes, templates and colors and if you want to customize the tag according to the age of the birthday person, you can certainly do that too. If you don’t want to do that, you can create one at home too. This way you can use your imagination and creativity to design a tag and as you design it by hand, it shows more affection and consideration.
Here are some guidelines to create a birthday gift tag:
- Initially you need to decide whether you want to use a card stock, cardboard, poster board or a simple paper that you already have. You can buy various types of papers from a stationary or book shop.
- After that, trace a template on that paper such as star, snowman or a cat. Here you can also use a cookie cutter if nothing else is available or if you can’t think of any shape.
- On one side of the card, use colors and glitters to paint that figure on the tag such as a doll or a teddy bear. Here you can also use stickers, markers or ribbons if you want to make it more beautiful.
- On the other side, put the name of the birthday person that you are sending the gift to. As that person will receive a lot of gifts, you need to write your name so that the receiver can recognize you.
- Punch a hole at one end of the tag and ribbon or colored thread to hang it to the gift.
- If you don’t want to punch or add a hole in the tag, you can also use double sided tape to stick it to the gift box.
Here is download link for the above mentioned Birthday Gift Tag Template,